7.14.2005

Visions?


I've been enjoying my travels out to Lavastorm lately. A new place to explore is always great for me. A way to get away and see new wonders by myself. Alone.
But something strange happened this time. Running along the lava pools I saw a stone structure in the distance. I of course went to investigate. Getting inside was a little hairy.. one of the guards in the first hall could sense me there even through my invisibility. I took a chance and charged through. Luckily he could just sense me, not quite see me, as I lost him by turning a few corners. I took a moment to catch my breath before I had a look around.
Suddenly I was struck with a sense of vertigo. I had to hold myself up with the wall behind me for fear I was going to lose the ability to hold myself in a standing position. My vision was blurry and my head was pounding. And then.. it was over.
I stood up straight again and had another look around. Suddenly I knew exactly where I was. I was standing in the Temple of Solusek Ro.
I don't know how I knew, it felt like I had been there before. Like a memory that I could just barely see in my mind.
I felt like this place was a safehaven for me. Even though I knew that I was surrounded by creatures that would surely try to kill me if they knew I was there.
Making my way slowly down the halls, trying to make sense of what happened, I began to recall stories that my mother told me of my father. It was then that I remembered she had mentioned in passing when teaching me of Solusek Ro that my father often visited this place. I could tell at the time she wasn't too happy about the fact that he would go off for days at a time to meditate or be alone or whatever he did there.

But that didn't answer why this happened to me when I entered this place. I felt that if I looked hard enough I could almost see what my father once saw. But I know that isn't possible. I would like to think that my father was there with me, but...

I can't get over how comfortable and safe I felt there. Like I was at home.

I'll go there and visit again, and try to learn more about this.



Anskiere Arkenarn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home